DELIVERING HIGH QUALITYYour Home Deserves the Best. Protect yourself against harsh elements, noise and intruders with the best windows and doors in the world! Get Your Free Estimate Today
With low maintenance windows and doors, you can now enjoy spending more quality time with your friends and family rather than getting out the vanish and paint brush over summer to keep your windows and doors looking good. PWD UPVC Windows and Doors are maintenance free and will remain looking like new for years to come.
Do You want to save money on your Electricity Bills?
With Electricity bills increasing year after year, UPVC Double Glazed Windows from PWD can reduce your Electricity bills by keeping your house between 22-23 degrees Celsius, which means minimal use on your air conditioning systems for your heating or cooling over summer or winter.
Do You have draught, wind, noise through your Windows or Doors? Double Glazed UPVC Windows and Doors is positively sealed with a double seal which means, stopping and draught, wind or noise come through the Windows or Doors, So whether you have a barking dog from your next door neighbour, or traffic on the main road, PWD guarantee all that noise will be left outside and give you a silent good night sleep.
Do You want extra security for your home?
UPVC Windows and Doors incorporate multi locking systems providing a high level of security for your home or business. PWD UPVC Window and Doors locking systems lock at multiple points all around the sash and frame which gives you 4 x the extra security.
Some extra advantage points of PWD UPVC Double Glazed Windows and Doors are:
Lead-Free Environmentally Friendly Material
High Surface Durability and UV Resistance
Excellent Sound and Thermal Protection
Windows Ideal For 6 Star Houses
WERS NFRC Certified Products
Bushfire Rated to BAL 40
All PWD UPVC Double Glazed Windows and Doors are tested for the harsh conditions in Australia, so if you live or work in a bushfire rated area, you can be assured that’s Buying your UPVC Window and Doors from PWD will guarantee extra safety to your home or business and most importantly your family.
The KOMMERLING UPVC window systems fulfil the requirements of the Australian Standards AS4420 and AS2047. They are tested according to NFRC Rating and are WERS tested.
BAL 40 (Bushfires Attack Level 40)
Bushfires are an intrinsic part of Australia’s environment and hence are common natural phenomenon throughout Australia. Generally, they are slower moving fire and smoke with unpredictable intensity and higher heat output. They pass in two to five minutes, but can smolder for days.
In Australia, bushfires are frequent events during the hotter months of the year, due to the hot and dry climate of Australia. Each year, they impact extensive areas causing property damage and loss of human life. However, fire played an essential role in evolving the Australia’s natural ecosystems. The landscape along with its biological diversity has been shaped by both historic and recent fires. In Australia, numerous species depend on these fires to regenerate. Hence, certain native flora in Australia have evolved to rely on bushfires as a means of reproduction, and fire events are an interwoven and an essential part of the ecology of the continent. Indigenous Australians have long used fire as a land management tool and it continues to be used to clear land for agricultural purposes and to protect properties from intense, uncontrolled fires.
Bushfires, also referred as bushfires attacks are categorized based on their intensity. The Bushfire Attack Level â€“ 40 consists of increasing levels of ember attack and burning debris ignited by windborne embers together with increasing heat flux with the increased likelihood of exposure to flames.
To be BAL-40 compliant, the windows and doors should comply with one of the following options:
1. Windows and doors must be completely protected by bushfire shutters complying with AS3959:2009 and be made from non combustible material.
2. Window and door system must comply with AS 1530.8.1 when tested from the outside.
3. Windows and doors must meet the following:
- All glazing shall be toughened safety glass minimum 6mm.
- Window and door frames shall be made from metals, such as aluminum.
- Hardware supporting sash in opening and closing to be made from metal.
- Openable and fixed portions are screened externally with metal screens having maximum aperture of 2mm.
- Seals to stiles, head and sills or thresholds must be manufactured from silicone or a material with flammability index not greater than 5.
- In the side hung and bi-fold doors, all glasses within 400mm of ground or other structures within 18 degrees of horizontal must be screened externally with metal screens
As bushfire attack is common in Australia, people living out there need houses that can survive bushfires. It is important to have houses that have the ability to survive a passing bushfire. Till today, there has been no company providing window and door solution that combines energy efficiency bushfire resistance.
We broke this stigma by providing such doors and windows solutions that are energy efficient and sustainable in performance. In addition, these windows and doors solutions are bushfire resistant.
PWD’s windows and door solutions, such as Gold 70 and PremiDoor are tested against the bushfire. These solutions have been designed specifically to be used in Australia’s bushfire areas. These solutions always came up to the expectation of the client in protecting the human life and property.
In window and door solutions, PWD’s PVC-U profiles systems have been successful in matching the requirements of standards AS 3959: 2009 and AS 1530.8.1: 2007. These standards are related to the construction of buildings on bushfire-prone areas.
In addition, the window and door solution, such as Gold 70 and PremiDoor have met the standards of Bushfire Attack Level 40, which were realized in association with Viridian PyroGuard 40â„¢ Glass.
At PWD, we design the PVC-U window and door solutions keeping the home owners requirement in mind. In other words, these solutions are designed to help home owners to balance the need for bushfire safety with aesthetic freedom.
Installing these doors and windows eliminate the need of specific metal screens or bushfire resistant shutters. In addition, PVC-U window and door systems provide the benefits of windows and doors, such as natural light, ventilation and unobstructed views to the outdoors to residents.
Further, our PVC-U window and door profiles systems improve the thermal insulation of your home to make it more comfortable and energy efficient. As a result, you save on the bills of air conditioning in summer, heating in winter and energy across the year.
Our PVC-U window and door systems come with the following advantages:
- Window and door frames are made from metal, such as aluminum
- All glazing screens are toughened safety glass of thickness of minimum 6 mm
- Hardware supporting the sash in its function of opening and closing are made from metal
- Seals to stiles, head and sills or thresholds are manufactured from a material having a flammability index less or equal to 5
- Openable and fixed portions of doors and windows are screened externally with metal screens having maximum aperture of 2mm
- All doors are made from non combustible materials reducing the chances of catching fire to zero
- All side hung doors have weather strips, draught seals installed at base
- All are tested and certified bushfire resistance according to AS 3959: 2009 and AS 1530.8.1: 2007
- All provide protection from radiant heat and ember attack
- All are energy efficient
- Provide best sound insulating performance i.e. noise reduction up to 80%
- Steel reinforcements for maximum structural performance, security and durability
Along with all the said advantages, the PWD’s PVC-U window and doors solution fulfill the requirements of the Australian Standards AS 4420 and AS 2047. All these windows and doors have successfully completed the testing as per National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) Rating.